Posted on behalf of Unto Ashes.
Qntal and Unto Ashes have agreed to tour together through Europe in
October 2006. It is projected that the tour will consist of eighteen
dates (October 4-21) and will extend through Germany, France, Austria,
Switzerland, Belgium and The Netherlands. Arrangements are currently
being made by Qntal's management (Pendragon Entertainment Group).
Many Serpents are already acqainted with Qntal's astounding music, for
which please visit www.qntal.de -- Qntal's music is very popular in
Europe, and with good reason. A mix of medieval atmospheres and modern
technologies, Qntal is characterized by exquisite musicianship and
profound emotional range. Unto Ashes' "Frühling" -- a tribute to Qntal
can be heard on the newest Unto Ashes CD GRAVE BLESSINGS.
We are naturally thrilled by these developments, and we hope that all
Serpents will spread the word about the Qntal / Unto Ashes tour to
interested persons, fan sites, and online discussion groups. In the
meantime, we encourage everyone to experience Qntal (and/or their side
project Estampie) for yourself. You will not be disappointed.
With sincere thanks and best wishes,
New York City
Okay, so I'm deleting this community because it's not really much of a community. I have a journal for my music related entries midijunkies
, so check that out. I update it when ever I complete or work on something and there are more details about everything! So check it out.
I haven't updated here in quite some time.
The first single is on it's way.
1. Memories [Fragments I]
4. Memories [Fragments II]
The new Maschinenvolk website is up and running. A short mp3 is available so you can get a taste of what's up ahead. I hope you all enjoy it. Feel free to comment or e-mail us.
I would also like to thank Jason Suzuki for the following e-mail.
Subject: Maschinenvolk Name inquiry
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 04:11:20 -0500
How did you come up with the name Maschinenvolk? A friend and I started an electro/synth-pop music duo in around 1995 called Maschinenvolk which later became a Volkswagen car club. I'm just curious how you came up with the name.
Thank you for showing interest Jason.
As some of you know, I will be coming back up from Alabama in about a week to visit Will and finish clearing out my old house. While I am visiting, hopefully he and I can finally get some more recording done...He's been working very hard while I've been gone, making all sorts of new tracks and whatnot. Hopefully we can work on some new songs, maybe add some vocals to a few, and work on the cover of Slow Bicycle some more.
That's all for now...
I forgot to post this earlier.
1. When You Only Have Seconds to Live
3. The World Through Her Eyes
5. A Flash of Neon Lights
7. The Blackest Thought Swirl Within...
8. And the Fear of Millions, Fills the Air
9. Vision I
10. Memories [Fragments I]
I changed two of the titles so the track doesn't focus on a specific topic and all meaning is open for your interpretation. Also, I couldn't use the samples I wanted to due to copyright laws. =/
And this is how it all begins.
This is not an exit...
This has begun.
As I mentioned in a previous entry, I am going to cover a song by Múm. I have decided that I want to cover "Slow Bicycle" off of the album "Yesterday Was Dramatic, Today is Ok". I will most likely put it on Euphoria, but if you're lucky I'll release a single with a track from the album and the cover song on it. As of now, things are coming along quite nicely since I added the ESX1 to my collection. I should have the album finished soon. The only problem I have though, is how to get anything I record on to a computer for mixing. If anyone has a monitor I could borrow that'd be great. Well, I let you kids anticipate the release of Maschinenvolk's first single, for I am off to work on the record.
In through the tubes I send this noise...
An explanation as to why Euphoria is taking so long.
1. I have to get ideas for the album and think of track titles and placement. That's pretty much finished.
2. I have to compose and record the tracks. That's what's taking the longest due to lack of equipment for both composing and recording. I need a four track recorder or a digital recorder. The equipment situation isn't too bad. I've been able to improvise if I have to. I do however need a drum machine (one with slicing capabilities and or looping so I can deconstruct or cut up loops).
3. The hardest part of this process is creating sounds on my synths and figuring out where and when to use them and how to arrange them. I have a very specific sound I want for both Euphoria and Starbursts. They are both hard to achieve with the minimal amount of equipment I have now, but I'll improvise if I need to (like I said before).
4. Once all the recording is done, I need to decide on what artwork to use how to arrange text and where to put it. I think I've decided on artwork (note: I think I have, I'm not entirely sure), but text might be a challenge.
Okay, those are my reasons, now to explain the the science behind it and discuss techniques for possible improvement.
The sound I'm looking for is a combination between the sound most of the Tigerbeat6 artists use (Kid 606, Knifehandchop, Cex... etc.), Lovesliescrushing, Merzbow and Alec Empire/Nic Endo. The Tigerbeat6 artists use choppy sliced up drumbeats, modulated samples and loops and crazy scratching techniques. LLC uses guitars to create ambient soundscapes which are filled with low drones, modulated string effects and white noise. Merzbow creates pure noise with lots of synths and filtering effects. Alec and Nic are both DHR artists who have a wide range of styles. I'm focusing on their work with noise and Nic's work with Jazz improve techniques (note: she doesn't play Jazz, but just uses improv techniques). So... creating all of that will be quite a challenge. I know I can do it, but it will take time due to the lack of equipment.
I'm not sure when you can all expect the album to be released, but hopefully it will be soon. I'm working on it whenever I can. Wish me luck.
Maschinenvolk : Euphoria
1. When You Only Have Seconds to Live...
3. The World Through Her Eyes
4. Sleep [your faint whispers still echo]
5. A Flash of Neon Lights
6. Distance [put to rest these final fears within me]
7. Dresden [02.13.1945]
8. And the fear of millions, fills the air...
9. Vision I
10. Night [the unspeakable horrors of a master race]
Aurora Noise : Starbursts
1. Shadows on the Wall
2. A Fragile Spirit
3. Her Frozen Heart
4. Broken Wings
We're getting closer to the end...
When the moment comes...